Draw more customers with Magento 2 Advanced Custom Options!
Many reasons contribute to the decision of customers opting for Magneto 2, and managing products seamlessly is not the least of them. With an increase in the eCommerce business’s growth, MageDelight never fails to align with the change.
MageDelight has already increased its market value with the help of numerous valuable extensions that are used to adapt the external features on your website on Magento 2 with ease. Even amidst this pandemic, it has not failed to upgrade, thereby meeting the customer’s requirements.
It pays attention to the small details that make an enormous impact on the customer’s business, aiming to bring more traffic to their stores. Hence, MageDelight is back with the Magento 2 Advanced Custom Options.
Configuring the customizable options lets the customers offer many different varieties for a single product without depending on attributes. However, before actually using any kind of feature, it is always essential to understand the need for the feature.
Assuming that you already have a store on Magento 2, you know how to configure product options. Magento 2 lets you add many options to multiple products without custom options, but you might end using much time doing that.
Also, since it is a time-consuming process, you might make mistakes that will ultimately impact sales. Let’s take an example if you want to provide a gift card to every shopper who buys more than three products from your store, and there will be many such customers. For each customer, you have to go and implement this manually.
How flexible is it if you just have to configure this option once? And, then, you can use that for all the customers. That’s where the need came for Custom Options in Magento 2.
Although, people often tend to get confused between configurable products and the products with custom options. The below table will help you to understand both the types in depth.
Table 1. Configurable products vs. Product with Custom Options
|Parameters||Products with Custom Options||Configurable products|
|Easy to look for||A Small number of variants||Big number of variants|
|Price||Base price + the extra cost of custom options||Each product is assigned with an individual price|
|Complexity||Easy to offer various options to a product||Complex to create configurable products|
|Possible to sell separately||No||Yes|
Benefits of Custom Options in Magento 2:
1. Engage Customers with Catch options:
- You can customize the text color, size, and highlight the options you think can attract the customers.
- Use image swatches to make the user experience more intuitive.
- Offer a wide range of colors, sizes, and designs for your products.
- Provide a detailed description of the products where images are not relevant.
- Ideally, shouldn’t a single product’s worth be the same. Why is there a difference in the price?
- Actually, the price is the same, but we can further break it down for flexibility and easier management. For a product with custom options, the price is actually the combination of the base price and the custom options’ price.
- A shopper won’t see the custom price until they select a custom option.
- With the increase in cutting-edge technologies, more focus is on how to automate things, which can reduce human involvement in today’s world.
- More the workload, more the people. Hence, this extension will help the customers automate the process, saving the time which can be used efficiently to plan the strategies smartly to increase sales.
4. Better Performance:
- Magedelight has always made it easier for customers to implement external features. Once again, it has retained its promise by providing Magento 2 Advanced Custom Options Extension.
- With the help of this custom options module, you no longer have to worry about the backend tasks. The custom options will be immediately up on the website. The shoppers will see many options for a product making the website more appealing.
- Inventory management is one of the key features a customer will look at while opting for any eCommerce platform. Using this extension, they can manage all the custom options for a product quickly and efficiently.
- Although the custom options provided for a product are variants of a single SKU, hence it requires a bit more effort to manage the stock. However, if the variants are small in number, the burden isn’t too much.
The extension helps you to create product options with the help of unique templates automatically. If the admin has multiple websites, they can manage it easily.
Customers can create an unlimited number of custom options using templates. Can setup charges based on custom options and provide different colors, sizes, text, and images for a single product. They can configure options for other stores separately.
Also, they can manage inventory automatically; the dependency between the options can be handled.
Customers can replace the original price of the product with the addition of custom price when the custom option is selected, thereby planning the sales smartly.
Shoppers can be given the control to modify the quantity of the product’s specific custom options from the front-end. Customers can create a matrix to manage the combinations so the customer will be immediately notified by the shopper whenever the option selected by them is no longer available in the store.
Customers can specify the default value for the custom options that are available in their stores by using this extension.
Customers can create a dependency between the options and manage them efficiently. For example, let’s say that only a few colors are available for a particular model of the iPhone. Such dependency can be implemented using this extension.
Manage inventory with different combinations of custom options and display the availability or out of stock message as per the selected custom product’s stock.
Better visualization of any product option will surely attract more customers and enhance their shopping experience. Customers can display swatches with just one click for any Front-end options to make it more eye-catchy.
This extension lets customers to Import/export the custom options matrix data. Creating custom options for each product manually is a tedious task. Hence, using this extension, customers can import the file to directly upload and download the custom options and matrix data from the template grid.
Configuring the Extension:
Before creating the templates, customers should configure the extension first by navigating to Stores -> Configurations.
Select yes to enable the Advanced Custom Options Extension, as shown in the above picture, and then save the config changes.
Click on the Advanced Custom Options for Advanced Configuration. A list of options will appear on the screen, such as Enable Custom Options Cost, Enable Custom Options Weight, and many more. Configure the changes depending on the requirements.
There are a few custom options Inventory parameters that need to be configured. Such as whether the customer wants to display an out of the stock message.
Select Yes to enable Inventory on Frontend for custom options. If it is enabled, then only the customer will be able to see stock quantity on the Front-end.
Customers can hide or disable Out-of-Stock options. If set as Hide, then the custom option’s value will be hidden if stock is not available. If specified as Disable, then the value of the custom option will be shown on Front-end, but it will not be selected as it displayed as disabled.
Creating a new Template:
Navigate to Catalog -> Custom options. You will find a list of existing templates available to either use or delete and create a new template according to your requirements. Click on Add new option Template to create a new template with Magento 2 custom options.
Add a title that can uniquely identify your template. Coming to Custom options, there are three parameters, i.e., Absolute cost, Absolute weight, and Absolute Price. Customers can select either Yes/No, depending upon their requirements.
Customers can add new options by clicking on the Add Option button. There are seven parameters which customer can configure accordingly:
- Option Title: Provide a title that you want to be displayed on your website.
- Option Type: Many input types options are provided so that customers can add custom options with ease. Below is the list of all the input types that are supported
Table 2. Supported input types for the custom options
|Text||A text box where customers can enter the details.Field – A single line text boxArea – A multiple line text box for larger text. It can be formatted or entered as HTML directly into the text box.|
|File||Allows the customer to upload a file|
|Select||Single option or multiple options can be selected depending upon the input.|
Drop-down: A list of options that allows only one selectionRadio-button: A set of options that allows one selection
Check-box: It is similar to yes/no option. Although if more than one checkbox is included, it allows multiple selection.
Multiple-select: It is a drop-down list that allows multiple selections. To select more than one option, press Ctrl or Command key.
|Date||It allows to select a date from the calendar or enter the date or time|
Time: A time can be added in the input boxDate/Time: It will allow to enter date as well as time in the input box
Date: From the calendar, date can be selected
- Required: This lets the customers decide whether they want to keep the option as required. If yes, should tick the check-box.
- One Time: Count the price of only one quantity of a custom option when the shoppers select more than one quantity.
- Qty input: Customers can define a default quantity for the custom options for a product. When the shoppers select custom options, depending upon the default value of a quantity, the product will be added to their cart.
- Description: Often, it is the case that a nicely explained description of the product attracts shoppers. Customers can add descriptions related to the custom options for the product.
- Is Swatch: Customers can display options as swatches for the better visualization of a product. They should select one depending upon how they want to show options.
Customers can also search for options by providing the option ID.
How to Import/Export the Custom Options Data?
One of the fascinating features of this extension is that it will allow the customers to import the data by directly uploading a CSV file. To get the CSV file format, customers can export the CSV file and look at that file.
Customers can also export the custom options data by selecting the option for which they want to export the data. The data will be exported in a CSV file containing all the combinations of the custom options.
To attract the store owners to create an unlimited number of options for a product by a single click, MageDelight Advanced Custom Options Extension has come up with. It is a fantastic extension that has adopted the idea of automating things, thereby eliminating the need of adding custom options manually.
Using this extension, customers can create a template, edit, and add options to the template. A variety of custom options can improve the customer’s experience and enhance the website. Custom options are a great way to encourage customers to click on the Buy Now option by offering them many varieties for a single product.
This extension has made it very flexible for the customers to provide custom options and, similarly, for the shoppers to shop with ease and have a memorable and customized shopping experience.
This extension has already proven to add significant value to the customer’s store. Try it yourself and see how well it fits with your online store.