How to Configure Free Shipping Method on a Minimum Order Amount in Magento 2?
Offering a free shipping method on a minimum order amount is an extremely popular promotion strategy that almost all eCommerce stores use nowadays.
When it comes to offering free shipping, we agree that there are certain costs associated with it, but there are also some undeniable benefits to offering free shipping as well.
For starters, offering free shipping can increase your sales and revenue by 10%, according to a report by Stitch Labs.
Besides this, free shipping can also boost your average order value when you include a minimum purchase threshold such as $25, $50, or $100 USD.
According to ComScore & UPS, 52% of American shoppers have added additional items to their eCommerce shopping carts in order to qualify for free shipping.
What this means is that offering free shipping on a minimum order amount can greatly contribute towards the growth of your eCommerce business.
And in this tutorial, we will show you guys exactly how to configure the free shipping method on a minimum order amount in your Magento 2 store.
Steps to Configure Free Shipping Method on a Minimum Order Amount in Magento 2
First of all, login to your admin panel and navigate to Stores > Settings > Configuration.
Now, on the left side panel, select the Shipping Methods tab under the Sales section.
After that, open the Free Shipping section and do the following:
- Select Yes to Enable the Free Shipping Method.
- Write Title for the Free Shipping Method on the Checkout page.
- Write a Description in the Method Name field for the Free Shipping Method.
- Set the Minimum Order Amount to qualify for the Free Shipping.
- Write an error message in the Displayed Error Message field for when Free Shipping is not available.
- Select Ship to Applicable Countries to one of the following two options:
- All Countries: Free Shipping is supported for every country.
- Specific Countries: Free Shipping is only supported for specific countries.
- Select Yes in the Show Method if Not Applicable if you want to display free shipping all the time.
- Set the Sort Order on the Free Shipping Method on the checkout page.
- Click on the Save Config button to finish the process.
With the above steps, we have finally configured the free shipping method in Magento 2.
Now, we need to activate the Free Shipping Method. For this, please follow the below steps.
First, log in to your admin panel and open the UPS section from the Shipping Methods Configuration.
After that, set Free Method to “Ground”.
Then, Enable the Free Shipping with Minimum Order Amount.
Next, Set a minimum number of orders to apply free shipping in the Minimum Order Amount for Free Shipping field.
Lastly, click on the Save Config button to finish the process.
That’s it! – This is the step-by-step process you need to follow for configuring and activating the Free Shipping Method on a Minimum Order Amount in your Magento 2 store.
We hope that you found this tutorial helpful. If you have any questions, please ask them in the comments below.
And if you need our professional assistance for setting up the free shipping method in your Magento 2 store, feel free to contact us at any time.