Today, we’re going to teach you guys how to resize & optimize images in your Magento 2 store.
Image size, as you might already know, has a significant impact on an eCommerce store’s SEO & user experience.
This is mainly because eCommerce websites have more images than regular websites as eCommerce stores mostly rely on images to make sales.
Therefore, it’s critical to resize the images on your Magento 2 store to the most optimal image size and optimize them for better visibility & discoverability.
So in this post, we’re going to show you exactly how to resize images in Magento 2 & optimize them perfectly.
Step-by-Step Process to Resize an Image in Magento 2
Please follow the below steps to learn how to resize an image in your Magento 2 store.
Step – 1
First of all, login to your admin panel and navigate to Stores > Settings > Configuration > Advanced > System.
Step – 2
After that, expand the Image Upload Configuration section and do the following:
- Deselect the Use System Value checkbox in all fields.
- Select YES in the Enable Frontend Resize field.
- Set the value between 80-90% in the Quality field.
- Enter the maximum pixel width for your image in the Maximum Width field.
- Enter the maximum pixel height for your image in the Maximum Height field.
Step – 3
Once everything is done, click on the Save Config button from the top-right corner to finish the process.
And that’s it! Now, let’s look at some of the best tips to optimize an image in your Magento 2 store.
Best Bite-Sized Tips to Optimize an Image in Magento 2
Image optimization is extremely crucial in Magento 2 stores. It basically helps to display high-quality images in the right format, size, and dimensions so that it does not affect the page loading speed.
And below, we’ve shared the 4 best bite-sized tips to perfectly optimize images in your Magento 2 store.
- Use relevant & descriptive keywords in your image file names. The best way to do this is to think about what keywords & phrases your customers use in Google search and use them as your image file names.
- Optimize alt attributes in all images. Alt attribute helps to show up your product page link in the Google Image Search Results page. So, by using relevant alt attributes in images, you can rank on Google SERPs.
- Create and upload a sitemap and regularly update it on a consistent basis. Sitemaps have proved to help in improving the overall SEO performance
- Whenever possible, try to reduce the image’s file size for certain versions. For instance, making the thumbnail file size as small as possible can help to boost the loading speed of category pages & ultimately improve the user experience.
That’s about it! This is how you can resize and optimize images in your Magento 2 store.
We hope that you found this post helpful. If you have any questions, please ask them in the comments below.
And if you need our professional assistance, feel free to contact us anytime.