Top Best Geolocation Extensions for Magento 2 [Comparison]
If you run a multinational eCommerce store, then identifying your customers’ country location is extremely crucial to grow your business.
By knowing a customer’s country, you can use Geolocation (also called GeoIP) to implement different scenarios such as automatically setting default currency, language, delivery method, and redirecting customers to another URL created for his or her specific country.
Now, these scenarios and redirections can be performed both, manually as well as automatically.
The manual process takes too much time and resources to perform. The automatic process, on the other hand, can be easily performed by integrating third-party Magento 2 GeoLocation extensions.
And in this post, we’ve shared the list of 5 best GeoLocation Extensions for Magento 2 stores.
5 Best GeoLocation Extensions for Magento 2 Stores
1 – MageDelight’s GeoIP Magento 2 Extension
The MageDelight GeoIP Magento 2 extension is one of the highly-popular and most-sought-after Magento 2 GeoIP extensions in the market.
It is a powerful, well-built, and highly reliable extension that can help automatically detect your customers’ location country and redirect them to a custom URL (relevant country URL) based on their IP address.
This, as a result, can help you to deliver the best possible shopping experience to your customers by giving them a native look and feel with their local language and regional currency.
Here are some of the key features of MageDelight’s GeoIP Extension:
- Auto-detect visitor’s location via IP address
- Automatically redirect users to custom URL (relevant store view)
- Display country-specific language, currency
- Based on the user’s location, change default & tax country
- Restrict some region’s visitors access the store of other regions
- Add IP for exceptions
- Let specific IP addresses access to a specific region’s store
- Switch the language & currency based on a visitor’s location
- Support for IPV4/IPV6 import from a terminal indicator
2 – Amasty GeoIP Redirect Magento 2
Amasty’s GeoIP Redirect is another widely-used Magento 2 GeoLocation extension in the market.
It is fully capable of automatically redirect customers to custom URLs, change language, and currency based on their location.
Not only that but this GeoIP extension is also allowed to block specific visitors via their IP addresses and select CMS pages that to be displayed for these restricted visitors.
Here are some of the key features of Amasty’s GeoIP Redirect Extension:
- Automatically detect users’ location
- Redirect store visitors to relevant store view or custom URL
- Restrict redirection for particular IP addresses
- Display prices in visitor’s local currency
- Ignore user agents
3 – MagePlaza’s GeoIP Magento 2 Extension
The GeoIP Magento 2 extension by MagePlaza is one of the highly recommended GeoLocation extensions right now.
It has great, powerful features that help Magento 2 store owners to provide a better shopping experience for their customers while they’re browsing the store.
The extension is mainly known for its redirection feature, which automatically redirects visitors to their appropriate store view along with their familiar language and currency.
As a result, it helps to make the Magento 2 store much more user-friendly and convenient for the customers.
Here are some of the key features of MagePlaza’s GeoIP Extension:
- Automatic geographical detection
- Switch store view and currency with ease
- Enhance user experience
- View product price with familiar currency
- Able to apply to specific pages
- Enhance user experience on shopping sites
4 – Webkul’s GeoIP Extension for Magento 2
Webkul’s GeoIP Magento 2 extension allows Magneto 2 store admins to bring a personalized and better shopping experience to their customers.
The extension is powerful and can easily detect the customers’ location based on their IP addresses and redirect them to relevant store view and automatically change currency as well as language according to the country.
In simple words, the GeoIP Magento 2 extension by Webkul can help to fulfil specific demands of your customers and their shopping behaviors by enhancing the user experience of your store.
Here are some of the key features of Webkul’s GeoIP Extension:
- Automatically detects visitors’ location
- Restriction based on IP
- Map currency / Auto currency switcher
- Redirect customers to specify custom URLs / store view
- Allow blocking customers by their countries IPs
5 – MageWorx’s GeoIP Detection Extension
The last Magento 2 GeoLocation extension on the list is the GeoIP Detection extension by MageWorx.
This extension is mainly useful for defining the geographical position of every store visitor and transforming their IP addresses into location information.
Apart from this, MageWorx’s Store and Currency Auto Switcher extension is also capable of automatically switching store view and currency based on the visitors’ country location to provide a personalized shopping experience.
Here are some of the key features of MageWorx’s GeoIP Extension:
- Automatically detects visitors’ location
- Auto currency switcher
- Redirect visitors’ to specific URL / Store View
- Improve overall shopping experience for foreign customers
So, these are the top 5 Magento 2 GeoLocation Extensions available in the market. All the extensions mentioned in this list have been curated from feedbacks from various Magento 2 store owners all around the world.
That being said, if you like to see more posts like this, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. And in case you have any doubts or questions regarding any of the extensions mentioned in this post, feel free to contact us anytime.